PIRATE PARTIES INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS (PPIHQ) IS A CONSULTATIVE NGO MEMBER OF THE ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE (ECOSOC) OF THE UNITED NATIONS (UN)
The following page includes updates of our activities at the UN, primarily at the UNHQ and the UNOG. We will update this page periodically with the events attended, documents published, and other activities.
- Event: The STI FORUM 2019, 4th annual Multi-stakeholder Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation for the Sustainable Development Goals
- Dates: 14 – 15 May 2019
- website: //sustainabledevelopment.un.org/TFM/STIForum2019
- Event: 10th session of the General Assembly’s Open-ended Working Group on Ageing at UNHQ
- Dates: 15 to 18 April 2019
- Website: //bit.ly/OEWG10
- document: “Education, training, life-long learning and capacity-building”. Substantive Input for the 10th Session of the Open-ended Working Group on Ageing. //social.un.org/ageing-working-group/documents/tenth/Inputs%20NGOs/PPIHQ_Substantive_Input.pdf
- Event: Interactive Multi-stakeholder Hearing on Universal Health
- Event: 40th Session of Human Rights Council
- Event: The Health Innovation Exchange at UNOG
- Dates: May 25, 2019
- Website: //reg.unog.ch/event/29567/
- Event: 56th Session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD56)
- Dates: 29 January to 7 February 2018.
- Website: //reg.unog.ch/event/22263/.
- Event: Science fiction meets policy | Policy meets science fiction
What can sci-fi teach us about digital politics and its future? at UNOG
- Dates: 15 January, 2019
- Event: Report of the High Commissioner for Human Rights.
Dates: Apr 9, 2018
- Event: Standing Committee on Copyrights and Related Rights at UNOG
- Dates: April 1, 2019
- Event: 57th Session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD57)
- Dates: Feb.11-21, 2019
- Website: //www.un.org/development/desa/dspd/united-nations-commission-for-social-development-csocd-social-policy-and-development-division/csocd57/ngos-address-csocd.html
- Event: Development Cooperation Forum at UNHQ.
- Dates: May 21-22, 2018
- Event: Commission on the Status of Women at UNHQ
- Dates: 11 to 22 March 2019
- Event: High-level Event of the 73rd General Assembly on the Future of Work with Decent Work
- Date: 10 APRIL 2019
- Event: 2019 ECOSOC High Level Segment (HLS) for NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC
- Event: UNOG Event
- Event: Blockchain Finance at UNOG
- Documents Published
- “Education, training, life-long learning and capacity-building”. Substantive Input for the 10th Session of the Open-ended Working Group on Ageing. //social.un.org/ageing-working-group/documents/tenth/Inputs%20NGOs/PPIHQ_Substantive_Input.pdf
- “Addressing inequalities and challenges to social inclusion through fiscal, wage and social protection policies”. World Summit for Social Development and the twenty-fourth special session of the General Assembly. UN CSOcD47. //undocs.org/E/CN.5/2019/NGO/34“The Right to Privacy in the Digital Age”. Report of the High Commissioner on the Right to Privacy. Geneva, Switzerland: UN OHCHR//www.ohchr.org/Documents/Issues/DigitalAge/ReportPrivacyinDigitalAge/PiratePartiesInternational.pdf