PPI Conference 2017
Call for Offers – PPI conference 2017 (prolonged application period)
‘’’This is the list of requirements for an offer to host the next PPI General Assembly’’’
- The deadline for sending in the offers is 06.08.2017.
- The conference should take place in September – December of 2017′.
Completed offers as well as additional questions can be sent to the PPI board <board @ pp-international . net> and will be published on this wiki page.
We would appreciate offers from outside of Europe as we like to rotate the conference around the world in the future.
14.06.2017 – publishing the call for offers
06.08.2017 – deadline for applications
07.08.2017 – mumble conference with all offers/public offer opening.
07.08.2017 – discussion of submitted offers (PPI Board meeting)
14.08.2017 – begin of voting by PPI members after the offers approval by PPI Board- announce winners. (PPI Board meeting)
The following is required from the offers. You can always add more information to your offer!
- Conference will take place on a weekend.
- It will last for 2 days (Saturday/Sunday).
- Social events planned on Friday or Saturday evening (to be paid by participants or sponsored)
- Preferable to have access to the Venue on Friday for setup of the conference
- Offering Party/Organisation
- Information on the venue
- Information on Social events planned
- List of dates the conference can take place
Offering Pirate Party/Organisation
- Your party/organisation does not need to be a member of the PPI.
- Countries from every continent can deposit an offer. Preferable from outside of Europe.
- Regional or local parties can deposit an offer.
- Name of the Pirate Party/Organisation planning the conference
- The offering party/organisation is required to sign a contract. (If your Party is not a legal personality who can sign contracts, you need to find someone who can sign on your behalf)
- Easily accessible via public transportation
- International airport and train station nearby (International guests have to be able to reach the location of the conference without too much trouble. We don’t necessarily require an international airport right next to the venue, but the nearest airport should at least be connected to an international hub, so that international guests don’t have to change planes too often.)
- Address must be found by GPS/Navi
- Parking nearby
- Size: place for 80-150 people
- Chairs for all people
- Tables for the majority of the people
- Access possible for disabled persons
- Sound system: at least 3-5 mobile Microphones, Speakers, Mixer, Sound-Operator. Microphones must be able to be used by the audience. Connection to stream equipment is mandatory.
- Video: beamer/screen necessary, must be big enough to read from the last rows of the venue
- Video and audio so that remote participants can address the meeting.
- Separate rooms for conference production (at least 10 sqm), press centre (at least 15 sqm), rooms for open space conference workshops (4 to 9, or possibility to divide the main room into small groups)
- Electricity: must handle projector, light, and use of laptops of the majority of the guests. Plugs available for a majority of the seats.
- Internet access for all guests. Must be reliable and fast enough for streaming. (Better a dedicated uplink for streaming with at least 2Mbps).
- Net balancing for prioritized applications. Fallback solution in case of failure of the line.
- Streaming: audio streaming of the entire “official” part of the conference is a must, video streaming highly suggested.
- Screens for the chairman and secretary to be able to monitor remote participation and events.
- Catering is not a must. However information on local restaurants/malls with reasonable prices is a minimum.
- Address of the venue
- Distance (km) and time of the closes train station and airport
- Size of the venue (people, m^2)
- Number of chairs and tables
- Access for disabled persons?
- Details on the sound equipment
- Details on the video equipment
- Details on the electricity setup
- Details on the Internet setup
- Details on the streaming setup
- Possibility to put up signs on public places with directions around the venue
- side rooms for open space conference workshops
- Pictures of the venue
- Stage in venue
- 1-2 extra rooms (e.g. for press, organization team)
- Possibility to decorate (e.g. flags, posters)
- A lot of plugs
- Video streaming possible (big bonus), including beamer content
- Separate space for sponsors to present themselves
- Many journalists present 🙂
- One local project leader, easily reachable by phone/e-mail/jabber/SIP or alike.
- Team of at least 10 people dedicated to plan the conference
- Team of at least 20-25 people over the weekend at the location
- Contact data of the project leader
- Size of the planning team
- Size of the team at the location
- Local press team which is active at least 4 weeks before the event.
- The more people the better.
- Approx. costs of the conference (total and summary detail)
- Funding possibilities (e.g. local/regional/national funding by the authorities or private organizations)
- Additional funding concept (like possible sponsors, public funds that can be used, etc.)
- Hotels/hostels nearby (contingent possible?)
- Possibility of staying overnight at the venue
- Approx. number of hostels/hotels near venue
- Approx. costs for accommodation
- Transport hotel/hostel to venue
- Approx. living costs in the city of the venue
You can use this template to send in your offer. You can add to or modify the template if you have additional details about your offer.
Date of the conference: (can be a list of alternatives)
OFFERING PIRATE PARTY
Your name: (Pirate Party)
Address of the venue:
Distance and time to the closest train station and airport:
Size of the venue (people, m^2):
Number of chairs and tables available:
Access for disabled persons: Yes/No
Details on the sound equipment:
Details on the video equipment:
Details on the electricity setup:
Details on the Internet setup:
Details on the streaming setup:
1-2 extra rooms: Yes/No
Possibility to decorate (e.g. flags, posters): Yes/No
Contact data of the project leader: (name), (e-mail address), (telephone number), (JabberID), (SIP address), (Telegram), (Wire)
Size of the planning team:
Size of the team at the location:
Approx. costs of the conference: (total and summary detail)
Additional funding concepts:
Approx. number of hostels/hotels near venue:
Approx. costs for accommodation for 2-3 days:
Approx. living costs in the city of the venue for the time of the conference:
Annex: The announcement had been changed on 2017-07-24. All given dates had been changed accordingly. @Thomas1G